My name is Candace Browne and I am a certified DONA International doula. I grew up in Tacoma, Washington and moved to Idaho for college and never left! My husband, Scott and I have been married 11 years and we have two children, Chase (10) and Reagan (8).
I developed a respect and fascination for pregnancy and childbirth at a young age. My mother had my siblings and I at home with the help of licensed midwives and she went on to become a doula herself. I was raised to believe that our bodies are strong and capable of birthing babies and that it can be an empowering experience.
Education and Volunteer Work:
- College of Western Idaho-currently pursuing a degree in Nursing
- DONA International birth doula training, Kyndal May, August 2015.
- Breastfeeding for Professionals, Lynelle King, September 2015
- Spinning Babies Training, October 2016
- Breastfeeding for Professionals, Melanie Henstrom, February 2017
- Former leader of ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) of the Treasure Valley
- Currrent board member of Treasure Valley Doulas, Inc